Tuesday, February 10, 2009

*Everyday Chatter

More Signs of the Yunnipocalypse:
-Fashion Week mavens opt for McDonald's coffee
-Hipster heiress may be fleeing Williamsburg for London
-Obama says so: "The party is now over"
-Ivana Trump now only comes quarterly
-No new products from Paris Hilton this year

West Village Alliance psyched to triumph over 73 8th Ave nightclub, which has withdrawn its liquor license application:


...And at that address, the Manor club has replaced its Seized by the Landlord signage with FOR RENT. The Manor was described thus: "Over-the-top perks befitting the wealthy bachelor theme--phone lines connected to charter jet companies, Escalades to swiftly deliver VIPs home...bottle service (starting at $1,600)." Also say goodbye to their "24-karat gold-gilded DJ booth":


The Peeler Man memorial: "Rest in Peels." [FP]

Plywood coming off "McNetta Tavern," formerly the Minetta. [Grub]

The Times follows up on the Interstate Foods story--says the owner of Atlas Meats, “I’ll be out in two weeks...What can I do?” he said. “I can’t do nothing.” [NYT]

The battle for StuyTown. [NYM]

New blog in the Slope: Here is Park Slope visits an air disaster of yesteryear.

Smith Street rent wars claim Zaida's House of Beauty. [PMA]

Check out "Old Jews Telling Jokes." [via David Kamp]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll post something regarding your piece in the Daily News today, but let me be the first to congratulate you on making it to the big time! I picked up the early edition after I got out of work at 4 AM and while skimming through the opinion section at a breakfast spot in Penn Station noticed the intriguing title. Like an idiot I never bothered to read the author's name until by around the second paragraph when I realized this sounded all-too-familiar. I let out a hearty laugh when my eyes finally crossed your name on the page. Good going, man. The Daily News must have somebody with good taste on their staff. Now my only fear is that the blog will become overrun with irate yunnies (not that I think many of them bother to read any part of the paper besides the celebrity sightings and fashion sections).

Jeremiah Moss said...

thanks for the congrats bob. 4AM? you beat me to it!